For over 10 years, the Burns Lake and District Community Foundation has supported local groups and events with much needed funding, and allowed local recreation, arts, and culture to grow and thrive.
The Burns Lake and District Community Foundation Society (BL&DCFS) offers grants to organizations performing worthwhile projects to enhance the quality of life in the Lakes District.
The BL&DCF is a fund held by volunteer members of the community for the benefit of local recreation, arts, and culture organizations. It is a fund established through the generous donations of community members like you, and it is designed to give back to local groups for generations to come.
2016 grants AWARDED:
- $2,500 to the Burns Lake Youth Soccer Club for facility and equipment upgrades.
- $2,500 to the Omineca Ski Club for wax cabin roof repairs.
- $540 to Lakes Literacy for the WOW bus program.
- $1,500 to the Lakes District Film Society for a free family film program.
- $4,000 to the LD Fall Fair Society for their Youth Program.
- $2,500 to the Burns Lake Community Garden Society for additional flower beds.
- $1,500 to the Burns Lake Mountain Biking Association for Bike Camp Tshirts.
- $2,500 to the Movin' On Up After School Program for their playground extension.
- $2,500 to the Grassy Plains Community Hall for new chairs.
- $2,500 to the Lakes Animal Friendship Society for a spay/neuter clinic.
- $1,500 to the Francois Tchesinkut Recreation Commission for a photo history book.
- $828.80 to the Lakes District 4H Senior Council for folding tables.
- $2,500 to the WKE Strong Start program for a play loft.
- $2,500 to Burns Lake Citizens on Patrol for volunteer training.
- $4,500 to the LD Arts Council for a youth music workshop.
- $2,000 to the Paul Jean Community Foundation Scholarship.